Early HistoryThe Prospectus was written on the 7-th of February 1945, in Inyokern California. This was the statement of intent to form a lodge here in the Indian Wells Valley. The closest lodge was Trona Lodge #684, over thirty miles away. A petition was sent to the California Grand Lodge in May of 1945, requesting a dispensation to hold masonic meetings. The Indian Wells Valley Lodge UD (Under Dispensation) was opened for the first time in June of 1945, and the first order of business was the adoption of By-Laws. The second order of business was the reading of Eighteen (18) petitions for membership, and one petition for affiliation. At the September 1945 meeting a petition was signed requesting a charter. The Charter of Indian Wells Valley Lodge #691, was signed on the 4-th of June 1946. The early lodge building was located on Inyokern Road, where the current A&L Tire is now located.
Recent HistoryIn the year 2000, we merged with Trona Lodge #684, and the new lodge received the lower number (ie, 684).